Audio Book Narration
Want to Work in Audiobook Narration?
This is you!
- An avid reader with a love of words and language
- An actor or voiceover artist who knows they’d like to narrate audiobooks
- An author who’s been considering narrating their own audiobook
- Already narrating audio books but want to refine your skills and need to know more about what’s required
Find out where to begin to work in audiobook narration and how it all works in these 2.5 hour small-group (maximum of 6) coaching sessions always held on a Saturday 10am-12.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) via Zoom.
Discover the Skills for Successful AudioBook Narration
Working with both fiction and non-fiction you’ll find out what you may be best suited too.
We’ll explore character dynamics and the art of storytelling.
You’ll learn the difference between working in 1st person and 3rd person and understand how to move from narrator voice into character voice or voices.
You’ll also understand the techniques for creating different voices for each character, male or female.
Takeaways to kick-start working in Audiobook Narration
You’ll get insider knowledge and learn:
- About the landscape of audio book narration
- The skills for narrating even the most complex book
- How to choose and prepare an audition and where to send it
- How to do the book prep before your studio session
- About how it all works in the studio or from home, and
- About the technical process of creating audio recordings
These sessions will give you the tools to create a seamless performance for getting work in audiobook narration.
Cost is $180AUD (plus gst of 10%) Minimum 3, Maximum 6 participants
Next Session: Saturday April 13th, 10am-12.30pm via Zoom (Melbourne Time)
You just need to register and pay and you’ll be sent a Zoom link and materials in the week prior to the session.
There’ll be time for individual questions. Just click this link to register
And, here’s a link to The Audiobook Podcasts that I’ve been involved with, so you can find out more about how it all works via interviews, technique and fees discussions.
Free Audio Program
Sign up to my e-news and get a free audio program that answers the 10 most common questions asked about voiceover: